Jobs at Inpak Systems
Service Technician – Inpak Systems, Inc.
Newly created position! Looking for qualified individual to perform in-house and outside repair and maintenance work in a flexible and collaborative work-environment. Inpak Systems requires all employees to work independently, as well as collaboratively on work projects, have a high level of initiative and a trustworthy work ethic- A “can-do” attitude and approach to the work is a core value of our organization. In our small work environment, we offer diversity in the work and the necessity to wear many hats and pitch in throughout the company.
This full-time position will include 40+ hours per week, to include regional day and overnight travel to customer sites.
Our Service Technician will work closely with customers, vendors, suppliers, and sales to ensure a positive customer experience. This position offers the opportunity to showcase your mechanical, electrical, problem-solving, engineering skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Service and install manufacturing equipment in-house and at the customer site
- Apply knowledge of products to diagnose and trouble shoot problems to determine the most efficient course of action
- Recommend and explain additional repairs to end-users/customers
- Document complete details of all service calls, recommendations, etc. in our Contact Management system
- Evaluate ongoing viability of products and communicates needs or suggestions with the field sales representatives, service representatives, manufacturers, and the customers
- Ensure equipment is configured within appropriate parameters and that programming of equipment meets the needs of the customers
- Train customer operators on proper use and maintenance of equipment to achieve successful implementation of the sold equipment and service
Qualified job applicants will be able to:
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, blueprint, schematic or schedule form. Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Qualified job applicant must be able to obtain a passing score and maintain certification from manufacturers of the equipment we sell, service, install and repair. Initial and on-going manufacturers/factory-training is required of this position.
Technical degree; Two-year electronics or mechanics degree; and two to four years related technical experience and/or training; or equivalent combination.
Qualified job applicant must maintain a valid Driver's License and acceptable driving record. And must be willing and able to obtain/maintain a Business Use policy on their personal vehicle insurance.
The position of Service Technician requires work within our in-house service department, as well as working in our customers’ factories and manufacturing environments. This position is a physically demanding role; regular and for extended periods of time, the use hands; reaching with hands and arms; manipulation of and work with small items such as screws, nuts/bolts, wires; and the requirement to drive to and from customer locations is required. Lifting 45-75#, stooping, crouching, balancing on a frequent basis. This position is exposed to fumes/airborne particles, toxic/caustic chemical, risk of electrical shock on a regular basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but occasionally may require the employee to complete the installation/service work in loud to very loud customer plants/factory environment.
To apply for this job, please reply by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Compensation requirements and travel abilities must be included within your application.
Please, no calls or recruiters.
Equal Opportunity Employer Rev: 10.27.16