Routine Maintenance & Cleaning
- Keep the machine free of dust and dirt.
- Fill the oil reservoir with Fischbein #5-100 Lubrication Oil.
- Check for loose fasteners / screws and tighten. If the loose fastener holds a specific component in place that has a critical setting, refer to the appropriate section of the Owners Manual or the appropriate page of this web site to establish the correct setting.
- Clean machine
- Fill a small tank with cleaning lubricant (part # 5-101) up to 2" maximum.
- Remove the thread from the machine.
- Remove looper cover of the machine and the belt pulley cover and handle.
- Set the machine vertically into the solution so that it is immersed to the level of the throat plate (see illustration 18).
- Turn the machine pulley manually so the moving parts are cleaned in the bath.
- Remove the machine from the bath and drain any excess lubricating cleaner from the mechanism.
- If necessary you may want to loosen any stubborn dirt or grit with a small brush and rinse the machine again.
- Clean the outside parts by using a small oiled brush. Wipe the machine off with a soft, absorbent cloth.
- Check for any loose fasteners and tighten them. If the fastener holds a component in place that has a critical setting, refer to the appropriate section of the Owners Manual or this web site to establish the correct setting.