Filling -> Closing -> Conveying -> Finishing -> Consumables -> Parts & Services
Inpak Systems offers end-to-end industrial packaging solutions, consumables, parts & services since 1986. We work with a variety of top-notch industrial packaging companies. Inpak offers well-made, durable, and competitively priced machinery, all of which perform consistently well for customers of all sizes. We’ve been providing simple and sophisticated packaging solutions for small, medium, and large businesses for 35+ years.
In this blog post, we’re reviewing a Closing option in the form of the Union Special 80800 Sewing System.
Union Special (US) 80800 Sewing System
The US 80800 Sewing System is a heavy-duty bag closing machine for closing filled bags made from burlap, jute, cotton, plastic, and paper.
It’s manufactured in the United States by Union Special Corporation, which has been in business since 1881. The US 80800 model has been on the market for over 40 years, making it a proven and reliable machine.
The US 80800 is a compact, carrier-chain type heat sealer designed for high-speed, fully automatic, sealing of pinch-bottom open-mouth (PBOM) multi-wall paper bags. It features a creasing wheel to define a consistent fold line and a hot air manifold to activate the pre-applied hot melt adhesive.
Once the fold line is defined and the adhesive is activated, the bag top folding section will complete the fold and transfer the bag to a non-stick compression belt section, providing a well-fused seal.
The bag carrier chain is supported by fixed and spring-loaded chain guides to prevent bag tops from slipping and/or shifting during the sealing process. The temperature is easily adjusted and monitored for best results and the air intake is regulated and digitally monitored for correct pressure.
It can handle both single- and double-pinch bags and is ideal for use in a variety of industries, including food, pet food, chemicals, and more.
Photo of the US 80800
Key features of the US 80800:
- Closes filled bags of various sizes and materials, including burlap, jute, cotton, paper, plastic, and woven polypropylene
- Two-thread, double-locked stitch for strong and secure closure
- Single needle, typically a 1975G-100 size
- Plain drop-feed for smooth and even feeding of various materials
- Vertically mounted for optimal space utilization and ease of operation
- Mechanically driven thread chain-cutter for efficient and consistent thread trimming
- Up to 50 feet per minute
- Widely used in various industries, including food and beverage, agriculture, construction, and textiles
- Simple design allows for easy cleaning and lubrication
- High-quality materials make it built to last
- Can handle a wide range of bag sizes and materials
- Known for its consistent performance and long lifespan
Benefits of using the US 80800:
- Durable: The 80800 is a heavy-duty machine built to last in demanding industrial environments
- Great reputation: It has a proven track record of over 40 years of reliable operation
- Fast: The machine is designed for high-speed sewing, capable of up to 50 ft./min.
- Ease of use: The 80800 has a simple design that makes it easy to operate and maintain
- Lubing: The machine is equipped with a sight feed oiler for convenient and efficient lubrication
- Versatile: The 80800 can be used for a variety of applications, including closing filled bags and sacks, sewing geotextiles, and making carpets, mats, and rugs
- Parts: All parts are readily accessible for cleaning and lubrication
- Options: It can be equipped with a variety of options and accessories to meet specific needs
Quick Comparison of US BC200 v US 80800 models
- 80800: Up to 2000 SPM
- BC200: Up to 2750 stitches per minute (SPM)
- 80800: Footswitch
- BC200: Photo eye (standard) or feeler-controlled proximity switch
Thread chain cutter comparison:
- 80800: Manual
- BC200: Automatic, electro-pneumatically operated jump-out scissors (standard) or continuously driven nibbler knives
- 80800: Standard bag closer with no electrical components, suitable for ex-proof locations, optional single-thread chainstitch
- BC200: Self-oiling lubrication system, low noise and vibration, shell design casting, variable pitch pulley/handwheel, compatible with existing installations, simplified maintenance, less operator fatigue and longer part life, easy adjustments and maintenance, easily set a loose or tight stitch as needed, quick speed adjustments
- 80800: Closing of hazardous materials, low-to-medium production
- BC200: High production bag closing for plain and fold-over closures, sew-thru tape closures
Startup, Preventative Maintenance, and In-Plant Services
Inpak is unique in that our Field Service Technicians can perform Startup, Preventative Maintenance, and In-Plant Services on all of our equipment. We’re ready and able to assist you to get and keep your packaging equipment up & running.
Inpak Systems offers a startup service on your new US 80800 Sewing System equipment. This includes verifying that the equipment is operating properly to factory specifications. The startup service includes operation verification, operator training, and maintenance training.
Preventative Maintenance Services:
To prevent downtime and costly emergency repairs, preventive maintenance (PM) services are available for all of your equipment. To ensure your US 80800 operates at maximum efficiency, PMs can be arranged to fit your production schedule.
In-Plant Repair Services:
Inpak Systems offers in-plant repair of your US 80800 equipment. Our experienced, factory-trained, and certified technicians use genuine OEM parts to ensure your equipment is restored to original factory operating specifications. Dispatched from our WI location, we offer national coverage and we ensure a quick response throughout the Midwest.
Contact Inpak for a Field Service Estimate
Filling your packaging needs
How can Inpak Systems help you with your industrial packaging needs? Contact us at 608-221-8180, [email protected], and/or fill out the Packaging Needs Worksheet here. Find out more on our Inpak YouTube channel and subscribe to stay updated as we continue to expand our product lines.
The blog post above is geared toward the Closing end of the packaging process. Inpak Systems offers end-to-end industrial packaging solutions, consumables, parts & services since 1986. We continue to work with a variety of top-notch companies for 35+ years and counting, providing simple and sophisticated packaging solutions for small, medium, and large businesses.
Whether it’s Filling -> Closing -> Conveying -> Finishing -> Consumables -> Parts & Services…we likely have what you need to take your business to the next level. Inpak Systems’ packaging solutions and parts & services are just a few steps away.
Make a positive impact and contact Inpak Systems.