More than one in three recent repairs came to us with the needle inserted either backwards or sideways. This means that incorrect needle position may be a primary cause for many of the problems you may be having with your Fischbein Portable Sewing Machine.
As a free service, we offer you the following instructions on needle replacement:
- Loosen the NEEDLE BAR NUT # 11501 (Figure 5) using the 3/8″ wrench provided with the machine.
- Turn the MACHINE PULLEY # 11904 (Figure 4) until the needle is at its highest point.
- Remove the NEEDLE (D5) by pulling it down and away from the nut.
- Insert the new needle into the NEEDLE BAR # 11500 as far as it will go. The long groove in the needle must face toward the LOOPER COVER # 11102. (Figure 4)
- Tighten the needle bar nut firmly, using the wrench provided with the machine.